Be a key driver on BASF’s path to digitalization by supporting existing products and initiatives as well as innovate additional digital solutions that supports BASF’s global businesses.
At BASF Strategic Location in Montevideo, Uruguay we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes, helping to strengthen BASF´s position as the digital leader in the chemical industry. We believe the right path is through creativity, trial and error and great people working and learning together. Become part of our team and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities.
What you can expect
Digitalization will be a true part of BASF’s DNA that creates new exciting customer experiences and business growth as well as drives efficiencies in processes. This is our digital VISION for BASF. Global Digital Services (GDS) is supporting BASF business in Digitalization transformation. Our MISSION is to drive forward the digital transformation of BASF, providing innovative, global and high-quality digital products and services through a strong agile culture. In this role, you will be part of the Connectivity Platform Americas group, the team is responsible for the technical steering of the Americas regional network and regional telecom vendors. Handling of all related incidents in the Network* services in the region Americas. As well as to support for incident related escalations and problems as they develop. You will provide project support as a technical resource, steering the vendor on recovery efforts and leading them to proper closure. Coordinate regional change management, attend weekly meetings. Regional on call duty rotated among all team members
Your main responsibilities:
- Member of Global Technical. Vendor Steering Network & Communications to provide a Single User Experience worldwide.
- As the regional Technical consultant for Networks*, develop the end-to-end solutions to meet business requirements using the necessary technology and tools, in line with global solutions, policies and guidelines. Ensure such solutions address all infrastructure dependencies and limitations.
Our main requirements:
- At least 5 years working experience with Network* technology with at least 2 years in a leading position in the design, deployment and management of large scale Cisco based IP Network environments
- Specific product / technology Certification or able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Cisco base Network* technology
- Experience in the support, maintenance or designing of architecture and infrastructure using the Cisco Call Manager and Unified communication platforms
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and presentation skills in English are mandatory
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a global team to procure, rollout and maintain Network infrastructure and services
- Knowledge of the “Best Practices” in the chemical or related industry with a good understanding of the regional business processes
What’s in it for you:
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Learning and development opportunities
- A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment
- Being part of an international team and work in global projects
- Relocation assistance to Montevideo provided
What will you receive
A great work environment focused in building a purpose, in a global market leader. Constant development, technical training working within a multicultural team across different continents